Camille A. Brown & Dancers is committed to engaging audiences and empowering communities through dance and dialogue, both nationally and internationally. We pride ourselves not only in presenting authentic performances, but also in creating safe spaces that foster collective learning and individual growth.
WORK WITH US
Camille A. Brown & Dancers Seeks Teaching Artists & Community Facilitators For EVERY BODY MOVE Engagement Platform!
WHO IS THE IDEAL EBM COMMUNITY FACILITATOR?
EBM Community Facilitators are dancers, organizers, and educators inspired to lead creative encounters in schools, communities, and cultural institutions in New York City. EBM Community facilitators believe in the power of the arts to spark change, and are deep listeners, learners, and leaders of creative change in their neighborhoods and beyond.
Qualified professionals must have:
- A local NYC address/residence.
- An explicit intention to live in NYC until July 2018 or beyond.
- 3-5 years prior experience as teaching artist, arts facilitator, cultural organizer, educator (teacher) or in comparable community work.
- Eight to ten years dance experience in an African diasporic/social dance method or style.
- Bachelors or Master of Fine Arts in dance, arts education, theatre, writing, or a related Liberal Arts discipline.
- An intermediate to advanced understanding of NYS’s Blueprints for Teaching and Learning in the Arts.
- An advanced capacity to generate culturally-relevant curricula, facilitation plans, and lesson plans.
- An intermediate to advanced understanding of cultural organizing, social practice, community-based arts facilitation, and/or arts organizing practices.
- An intermediate to advanced practice of working with multi-generational communities of artists and non-artists of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and identities.
- A strong work ethic and be punctual for all meetings, events, and community encounters.
- A willingness to work city-wide.
- A background check and fingerprinting approval from Department of Education to work in NYC Public Schools.
- Submit weekly progress reports, facilitation plans, and attendance records.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Be responsive to emails, phone calls, and professional requests, in a timely fashion.
- Attend company events, performances, and professional development trainings.
- Collaborate with other EBM facilitators, community partners, and CABD staff.
- Attend the 3rd Annual EBM Celebration on Sat. June 9 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Participate in an end-of-year program evaluation with the EBM team and CABD staff, early July 2018.
Compose an Application PDF Package (that contains the list below) and send it to Jobs@Camilleabrown.Org By Friday, Dec. 8, 2017. Be sure to include “Ebm Community Facilitator” in the subject line.
- 1-2 page resume
- Social media handles
- Cover Letter. State and explain: your interest, previous experience, what you want to learn, what you want to offer, your experience working in community settings, and what might be a challenge for you in working in community.
- Link to a 1-2 minute audition video. A non-professional video and performance is permissible. We need to see your creative work.
- Contact information for three (3) references.
- Three (3) sample lesson plans. Dance, performance, and creative writing lesson plans are permissible.
Selected applicants will have an in person or virtual interview with the EBM and CABD staff. Invited community facilitators must be available for a two-day orientation in January 2018 and must be available for engagements between February and July 2018. Final selections will be made by January 20, 2018. Engagements begin February 2018.
Camille A. Brown & Dancers is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.